Whilst so many of us are working, home educating, exercising, dining and entertaining the family at home never have we all spent so much time under one roof. As we continue our daily lives from home in every aspect, sales direct mail and marketing door drops landing on our door mats have become more valuable than ever.
Direct mail is a very trusted channel to showcase your brand. The more customers know about and trust your brand, the more they are likely to buy from you. Enable your audience to emotionally connect.
To ensure direct mail is shared around the home and is frequently engaged and interacted with, what should we be considering ahead of our next successful direct mail campaign…?
Here are a few ideas….
- Straight to the point. The more waffle the less attention spent retaining it. To ensure your audience easily understands your message, can figure it out and it’s memorable in their busy minds, keep it short, concise and simple.
- Have a strong call to action. What do you want your target audience to do with your Direct Mail? Call You? Visit your website? Enter a code? Make your call to action simple (as easy as 1, 2, 3) and spell it out for people what they need to do.
- Offer an incentive. Give people a reason to want to spend and save with you. Let them know you value them and share the love with a discount on your product/service or some other compelling sales driver (buy one get one free).
- Put a deadline on your campaign. Let them know that NOW is the time to take action. Your offer won’t be around forever. FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) has earned its rightful place in marketing for a reason.
- Engage & interact personally. Direct mail enables you to engage with your target audience and place your brand directly into their hands and appeal to potentially all 5 of their senses: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste.
- Be innovative & creative. With today’s technology, mail can be more than a flyer through the letterbox. Your direct mail piece can include QR codes, a Digital Key, an LCD screen, physical samples. Tech in print solutions allow you to fuse physical and digital technologies.The Physical to Digital fusion has an impressive impact.
- Be unique & memorable. Whilst households can receive a bundle of envelopes, letters, flyers, leaflets and brochures daily, your direct mail piece needs to grab and hold the attention of your target audience. Think brand DNA, colours, material, shapes and textures in order to stand out and deliver an engaging and interactive design.
With all of the above ideas considered, a direct mail campaign can be highly successful and play an important part in your next direct marketing campaign.